New Paradigm Agency, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a resourceful and organized Communications Assistant with strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills to join our team.
A firm rooted in politics, public affairs, and campaigns, New Paradigm executes rapid-response style communications in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, interface with clients, and balance multiple projects at once.
New Paradigm Strategy Group is looking for a Communications Intern to assist in the creation and management of communications collateral.
As a Communications Intern, you will:
- Support communications and digital staff on projects largely through helping draft and produce content
- Assist in writing press release releases
- Monitor the media and compile press clips
- Draft social media copy; conduct research on an as-needed and client-driven basis
- Write and help to place op-eds on a myriad of issues in national/state/local media outlets
- Help to plan and execute press events for clients, including opportunities to directly pitch targeted media
- Rotate front desk and office operational assistance
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re a self-starter, a quick learner, and driven by results
- You’re interested in working at the intersection of digital advertising and strategic communications
- You want to be involved in progressive politics and grassroots campaigns
- You’re a strong writer with an interest in policy
- Current bachelor’s degree candidate or recent graduate
- Command of strategic and written communications as well as research skills
- Passionate about progressive issues
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Paradigm Strategy Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with NP, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis.