New Paradigm Agency, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Digital Advertising Associate who is a highly motivated creative thinker and can work independently, meet tight deadlines, and balance tasks in multiple areas of expertise at once.
As a Digital Advertising Associate, you will work closely with our client teams – comprised of client leads, creative, and communications team members and clients – to implement digital, communications and creative products that get distributed through various channels including websites, email lists, online video platforms, social media feeds, paid advertising platforms, etc.
Day-to-day, that means you will assist in the creation and execution of digital advertising campaigns for a variety of clients. That includes drafting media plans with targeting, trafficking data between vendors, creating and loading ad campaigns into platforms (i.e. Meta, X, Google, OneView, etc.), daily monitoring and optimization of campaigns, and reporting.
Other responsibilities may include drafting and updating web content, loading and sending emails, collaborating with designers to develop creative content, and a variety of research projects.
You do not need to be (but you may be) a digital advertising expert, social media expert, email marketer, or web designer. But you’ll need an ability to use modern social media platforms and digital tools to help execute strategies and build on a foundation put in place for you.
You should have a strong interest in digital advertising and communications, branding, digital media, and social media. You should also be comfortable communicating daily across teams, with partners and senior leadership, and with a variety of clients. To get a sense of the kind of work we do, you can visit https://creative.npagency.com.
As a Digital Advertising Associate, you will:
- Work within a variety of content management systems to post and update content to client and company websites and digital channels
- Load, segment, design, schedule, and send bulk emails on behalf of clients and their campaigns
- Maintain working relationships with video production vendors to coordinate project budgets and timelines, manage online video platform accounts with updated content
- Help clients and team leads understand the impact of our work by providing data for presentations or reports that show things like web traffic, social engagement, email open and click rates, and/or advertising metrics
- Assist in managing client deliverables and internal reconciliation
- Oversee scheduling processes for Partners and provide general administrative support
- Deliver on tight deadlines while working with a diverse set of clients and decision makers, and adapt to new tasks as they fluctuate with client needs
The ideal candidate will be passionately curious and exude creativity, with a strong attention to detail. They will have a:
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel). Experience with pivot tables a plus.
- Understanding of how to use content management systems like WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Ghost, or similar
- Understanding of mass email systems like MailChimp, Constant Contact, Every Action, Action Network, or similar
- Understanding of how to post content to platforms like Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and/or TikTok, using their native functionality or tools like Buffer or SproutSocial
- Strong project manager with the ability to manage multiple projects, campaigns, and client teams at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, consistency, and best practices
- Commitment to being a team player who believes no task is too small
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to learn new programs, multitask, stay organized, and prioritize tasks to hit deadlines
- Curiosity, and eagerness to become familiar with current digital trends, tactics, and best practices
Any one of these would be a bonus, but they are not expected:
- Experience with web design or content management (WordPress, Elementor)
- Understanding of Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, and/or After Effects)
- Experience with task management in Asana or similar project management software
- Experience with data analytics or database management
Application: To apply, please send a resume, a brief cover letter, and an online portfolio link (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Advertising Associate.”
A firm rooted in politics and public affairs, NP executes both long-term brand-building ad campaigns along with rapid-response style campaigns in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We work on a range of high-profile issues, including immigration, anti-trust, labor, data privacy, and civil rights. We work with corporations, trade associations, non-profits, advocacy organizations, and political candidates.
NP Agency offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, retirement, and career growth and development opportunities.
NP Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.