New Paradigm Agency, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Mid-Level Graphic Designer who is a highly motivated creative thinker and has the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple design projects at once.
A firm rooted in politics and public affairs, New Paradigm executes both long-term brand-building ad campaigns along with rapid-response style campaigns in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We work on a range of high-profile issues, including immigration, anti-trust, labor, data privacy, and civil rights. We work with corporations, trade associations, non-profits, advocacy organizations, and political candidates. This year, we will also be heavily involved in supporting candidates and organizations for the 2022 election.
You should have a strong interest in branding, digital advertising, digital media, and data visualization. You should also be comfortable communicating daily across teams, with partners and senior leadership, and with a variety of clients. To get a sense of the kind of work we do, you can visit https://creative.npagency.com.
As a Mid-Level Graphic Designer, you will:
- Work closely with our creative team, ad ops team, and communications teams to deliver engaging and innovative design work that meets the expectations of our clients
- Design for a range of media platforms, including identity and branding design, social media graphics, digital ads, mail pieces, websites, reports, infographics, documents, and PowerPoint presentations
- Develop a variety of NP Agency-branded marketing materials, including proposals, reports, and infographics
- Deliver on tight deadlines while working with a diverse set of clients and decision makers
- Assist the creative team in brainstorming ideas that enhance the language and layout of design projects
The ideal candidate will be passionately curious and exude creativity, with a strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field, and 3-4 years of professional design experience.
- High level of fluency with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong communicator with good written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Must be a team player who believes no task is too small
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, and prioritize tasks to hit deadlines
- Curious and eager to become familiar with current design trends and creative best practices
- Exceptional portfolio that showcases solid conceptual, color, typographical and layout skills
- Experience in AfterEffects and/or motion graphics and video editing skills
- Ability to write on-graphic copy when needed and copyedit longer form presentations
Application: To apply, please send a resume, online portfolio, and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mid-Level Graphic Designer.”
NP Agency offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, retirement, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. The Mid-Level Graphic Designer will be required to work in an office located in downtown Washington, DC on Tuesdays through Thursdays, weekly.
NP Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.