New Paradigm Agency, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a resourceful and organized Communications Assistant with strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills to join our team.
A firm rooted in politics and campaigns, New Paradigm executes rapid-response style communications in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, interface with clients, and balance multiple projects at once. They should possess strong oral, and written communication skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, and sound political instincts.
As a Communications Assistant, you will:
- Draft and edit English-language communications copy (e.g., press releases, e-mails, media advisories, opinion pieces, social media posts)
- Monitor, collect, and organize daily press clips
- Organize and coordinate logistics for client events including press calls, conferences, etc.
- Create and maintain reporter lists
- Pitch upcoming events, projects, and op-eds to reporters
- Conduct issue-specific research
- Provide limited administrative support including some scheduling for clients and staff
- Help manage client relationships and day-to-day client needs
- 0-2 years communications experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort interfacing with clients and media
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues
Application: To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Assistant.”
NP Agency offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, retirement, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. The Communications Assistant will be required to work in an office located in downtown Washington, DC on Tuesdays through Thursdays, weekly.
NP Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with NP, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis.